FOA Splicing Certification:
This is a specialist certification covering fiber optic splicing procedures.
Prerequisites: FOA CFOT®
FOA CFOS/S® Outline
Certified Fiber Optic Specialist/Splicing certification meets the following requirements:
- Classroom sessions in all types of splicing, including fusion and mechanical splicing
- Hands-on training in appropriate splicing types including placement of the splice into a splice tray and closure
- Interpretation of splice loss on OTDR traces
- Instructor verification of achievement of advanced skills in splicing
- Course includes ~50% lab time
Like any certification program, the benefits to the members who pass the certification tests are based on the recognition of achieving a level of competence in the fiber optics field. For the end user looking for competent fiber optic personnel, it is the knowledge that this person has demonstrated knowledge and ability in the field and, perhaps even has documented experience. For the vendor of fiber optic products, it offers a technically- qualified pool of employees as well as contractors to recommend to end user customers who need to find installers for their networks. Many companies require FOA certifications or even offer FOA certifications to their personnel through internal training classes.
Check CTC training calendar for upcoming classes. You may call us at 408.380.0600 to request a class.
Click Here to download CTC's Regstration form in PDF format. Fax back the filled out form to 408.380.0603.