Certified Fiber Optics SPecialist - Testing: CFOS/T® Certification
This is a specialist certification covering fiber optic testing.
FOA CFOT® or FOA CPCT®
FOA CFOS/T® Outline
Certified Fiber Optic Specialist/Testing certification meets the following requirements:
- Classroom sessions covering all test equipment, methods and standards
- Inspecting and cleaning connectors correctly
- Training in both insertion loss testing and optical time domain reflectometry (OTDR testing)
- Include testing of both singlemode and multimode fibers
- Understanding of measurement errors in tests
- May include advanced test methods (SA, CD, PMD)
- Instructor verification of achievement of advanced skills in testing
- Course includes ~50% lab time
Like any certification program, the benefits to the members who pass the certification tests are based on the recognition of achieving a level of competence in the fiber optics field. For the end user looking for competent fiber optic personnel, it is the knowledge that this person has demonstrated knowledge and ability in the field and, perhaps even has documented experience.
For the vendor of fiber optic products, it offers a technically- qualified pool of employees as well as contractors to recommend to end user customers who need to find installers for their networks. Many companies require FOA certifications or even offer FOA certifications to their personnel through internal training classes.
Check CTC training calendar for upcoming classes. You may call us at 408.380.0600 to request a class.
Click Here to download CTC's Regstration form in PDF format. Fax back the filled out form to 408.380.0603.